Friday, June 8, 2012

Friday Update from Bromont - Ready for XC!

It's Friday night at Bromont, always an exciting and anxious evening at a three-day. I am happy to announce that I am still in the game, not drugged and still feeling quite positive!! Can you believe it?!

Dressage was not exactly what I had hoped for, or what I have been working towards, but after the initial letdown of the reality of my situation, honestly, I did the best I could. Rox is amazing and his best moments are yet to come, but I really was not 100% there to support him and Rox is a big strong horse that needs a good strong ride. So that mixed us with being first to go in the ring, the cards were just not in my favor...  this is not an excuse, I'm just trying to break it down to what it was in the moment.

Rox overall has been very patient with me, which I am thankful for, though I WILL get my revenge for him throwing in an unnecessary buck in my test! 

So today I tested my jumping ability and did a quick jump school and sprint to make sure that I am fully functional. God bless! It seems that I am okay! Not that it isn't painful, but I was very happy with how I felt jumping, and Rox feels very responsive and he is jumping out of his skin! It's true that I am a bit weak in my left arm, due to the injuries to my rib cage on my left side. But I am making a good plan for my ride tomorrow to compensate for my left side feeling weak.

So a note to everyone, here is my plan:

My focus is to give Rox a very good and confident experience at his first CCI***. I feel that I can still accomplish this despite my unfortunate injuries. I have been planning and focusing very much on my exact ride for tomorrow and I feel very good about it! And to further that feeling, Phillip, as always, walked the course with me this evening and secured my confidence even further. If at any point I am in too much pain or feel that I am not able to ride Rox well enough, I will immediately pull up and wait for another day. Without a doubt, this is not the end all be all of our career together, so my horse and the wellbeing of both of us is first and foremost!!!

Best of luck to everyone on cross-country tomorrow!!

Go Eventing!!

Cheers,
Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment