Friday, December 10, 2010

Looking Back at 2010 and Forward to 2011











































The end of the season, and end of the year is always a great time to take a step back and reflect. I am feeling incredibly grateful looking back
at 2010, not only has it been a great year for my horses and I, but also for my students and business as well.

Joey and I returned to four-star competition in April at Rolex and finished in the top 20. Truly helping us to start the season with a new confidence level, especially after having had a lot to work through from previous years and also old injuries. Then finishing the year with a top three finish at the Fair Hill International CCI*** on Joey, and George finishing in 12th at his very first CCI***. Both George and Rox, as well as my younger horses, made great progress throughout the year which helped secure a 19th place finish overall on the USEA Rider of the Year Leaderboard and also a 10th place on the USEA Leading Lady rider Leaderboard! As a rider, I also tied for 3rd overall on the PRO Tour Event Series Leader Boards and Cavaldi (Joey) tied for 2nd on the HAYGAIN Horse Leader Board!
I am
extremely excited to announce that I have been selected to be on the US Equestrian Federation's "A" Developing Riders List and will have the opportunity to train with Capt. Mark Phillips this winter! It has been a few years since I have been on this list and I am looking forward to taking full advantage of this opportunity. There is a new format for the list; they are not listing horses, so I am hopeful that there may be opportunities to take Rox and George to some training sessions as well as Joey.

For my business, KSeventing and Everbreeze Farm, it has been a busy year!! I feel like we are growing more now then ever before! The farm improves by the day and I am very lucky to have an incredible group of students, horses and employees to keep me VERY busy.....and on my toes :) I would also like to congratulate my students for many big accomplishments this year, from ribbons and placings at competitions, to selling horses, buying horses, and all taking their riding to new levels in 2010!!

As I start to plan for 2011, the year will start with winter training plans. Phillip Dutton, my extraordinary coach, is going to Wellington, Florida for a few weeks in January to further work on show jumping and dressage. He has graciously asked if I can participate in lessons with US Coach Katie Prudent; I am hoping to learn as much as we can with this opportunity with her as well as my dressage coach Betsy Steiner who is also there for the winter. Hopefully things will work out to go to Aiken for a couple weeks, then Wellington in January and back to Aiken in February to start the winter competition season. Busy busy busy, yet exciting!!

I want to take this opportunity to thank my sponsors, friends, supporters and staff. Really to thank everyone who is so supportive of my horses and I in any way. There is an unbelievable amount of effort; physically, mentally, emotionally and financially, that goes into everyday and every competition to create success. There is absolutely no way that I could do this alone, do this without everyone's help and I am so so very grateful! Thank you!!!! Let's all enjoy a wonderful holiday, spectacular new year and lets all ROCK IT in 2011!!!

-Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment