Thursday, July 28, 2011

Kristin and Rox Short Listed for Pan-Am Games after The Event at Rebecca Farm

My week at Rebecca Farm personally was fantastic! We had only one unfortunate moment on cross-country that may have scared more spectators then myself and Rox - sorry guys! Though Rox and I were pretty sure we were hitting the ground for just a second after the poor boy misread the vertical jump A into the Western Town,(and yes it really was a full-on, built Western town with a saloon playing music and a church with a bell on top!). I had to circle to get us both back balanced again to make it to the B element safely, which we did and continued on to finish the course with only 2.4 time faults......grrrr, yes it could have been a double clear without the circle.....grrr, ok had to throw that out there :)

But I cannot complain! Getting Rox fit in time was definitely a push, but he felt great and he really rose to the challenge. For a horse that only did one prelim in preparation two weeks before and hadn’t competed anywhere else since Fair Hill CCI** last fall, he felt fantastic!

In the past I have tended to be a bit reserved with Rox and don’t usually kick on with him on cross-country to make the time, but we wanted to show the Pan-Am Selectors what we can do, so I kicked on and I’ve never had him feel so good and really want to be challenged like he did out there. After cross-country he was so happy! After five minutes’ rest he had his head up in the air and wanted to go again! Rox just ate it up and loved it, wanting more! He made me so proud of him!

He had the best show jumping round of his career, over a really big, tough, technical course - definitely Rox's best show jumping to date! He was rideable and had tons of jump and power left - he felt like a million bucks! There were not many clear rounds that day. Jessica Phoenix won the event and had a rail down so even though I was really happy when I picked up my 7th place ribbon, it was hard not to think about how we’d have won if we’d gone clear on cross-country! (Yes, I know it's silly to torture yourself like that, but what can you do?)

Our dressage had been quite a lovely test, scoring a 50.2, though I know we can still improve on that tremendously. I felt a bit rusty myself in the arena just after not competing much this year, so we have some definite homework ahead of us.

But the best news comes next: The selectors liked what they saw enough to place us on the Short List for the Pan American Games!!! Rox checked out well in his vet exam, and so we go on to Richland Park for the mandatory outing!

This has been a dream of mine for so long, and I know we still have quite a lot to improve on and work towards to even have a chance to be part of the final selection, but let me tell you how good it feels right now in this moment to know that my horse and I have been noticed for our hard work and been placed on a USA Team SHORT LIST!! IT FEELS PRETTY DAMN GOOD!!! :)
Congrats to all that have made it this far and been chosen on to the list. We all have work ahead of us to best represent the USA in Guadalajara the fall! Thank you to all of my supporters and sponsors for helping me to get to this point. From Vanessa, Donna, Melissa, and Ashley keeping my business going so I can pursue my dreams and compete, to my family's support, especially that of my mother. My wonderful sponsors, Five Star Tack, County Saddlery, Haygain Haysteamers, Mushroom Matrix, Equine Organix, Running 'S' Equine, and Kedrah House Stud, thank you!
All of my clients, students, horses and friends for helping make this path I am on possible! And especially, Phillip.....I can't do this without having such an amazing and supportive coach by my side!

-Kristin

For complete results click here.http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif

1 comment:

  1. Kristin;It was GREAT to get to meet you and Rox at Rebecca Farm! You did scare me at the western town, but it was an amazing recovery! We look forward to Pan-Am!! Best of luck.!!!

    ReplyDelete