Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Rox and Joey Training Update


Lauren Hough teaching Kristin on Rox



Lauren Hough on Rox



Kristin and Rox


Rox has been coming out of the winter well. I think all the work we did last year as alternates for the Pan-Am Games, he has retained a lot of information and matured a lot over the winter and come out better than ever before. The push to ask more of him was just what he needed last year. I’ve started him back slowly and he just had his first start, advanced at Pine Top. It was also his first full advanced event; I didn’t push him for time but he jumped around from start to finish the best he’s ever felt. He finished very strong with tons of energy left after cross-country.

Joey has been fabulous and is coming out of the winter better than ever. He just gets better with age. I’m keeping things toned down this winter, focusing on his dressage and fitness. My intention is to run him at Southern Pines and then The Fork as we prepare to hopefully run at Badminton this year. He feels super – you’d never know he’s seventeen! He’s fit and spunky and can’t understand why I’m not letting him run around cross-country. I’m trying to contain his enthusiasm.

-Kristin

Photos from US Eventing Team Training Session with Lauren Hough at Bridle Creek Farm in Aiken, SC courtesy of Kate Samuels

No comments:

Post a Comment